Home » Uncategorized
Category Archives: Uncategorized
4 Simple Steps to LinkedIn Success
(Actually — 16)
Take these steps every day to stay top of mind with your colleagues.
- Review your notifications. Did anyone comment on your posts? Does someone have a birthday coming up that you’d like to acknowledge? Does a connection have a new job you want to congratulate them on?
- Check timeline
- comment on posts or articles
- Share an update
- Check your messaging
- Check invitations (connection requests)
Take these steps each week to showcase your expertise and solidify your brand.
- Post (an article, an update, an interactive question)
- Visit your groups
- Reach out to a current or former client, colleague, customer, or classmate
- Promote a product, service, or event
Take these steps each month to deepen your connections.
- Save your connections to a spreadsheet
- Write one recommendation and request one recommendation
- Plan next month’s articles
- Review your new acquaintances and decide if there are new people to connect with (remember to send a message with a connection request)
Take these steps at least once per year to make sure your overall profile is up-to-date.
- Review your profile
- Your photo
- Your headline
- Your summary
(do these items still reflect what you’d like to profile on LinkedIn)
- Review connections (do you need to add some or remove some)
- Review groups
- Review the media in your summary
Of all the social media platforms, Facebook has the highest traffic. While it might not be the best for every business, it is a standard.
If, however, you want to have someone else manage your Facebook business page, here’s how to do that.
Once you have your Facebook page set up, go to your business page and click on settings.
You’ll get to another page and you’ll click on Page Roles.
And from here you can add anyone to your page as long as they are a “friend” of your personal profile.
You can add an Admin, Editor, Moderator, Advertiser, or Analyst. If you go to the Facebook help center, you can see what each role is able to do.
NOW – you can sit back, relax, and outsource your Facebook page management.
Backstory – for a few years I was a La Leche League leader. During training it was oft repeated that we needed to meet people where they were and help them as was best for them (meaning, no matter how much you wanted to tell someone “THE ONE RIGHT WAY” to do something, you needed to remember that there really isn’t one right way for most things).
I try to continue to live that (and I hope I do) but DANG it – sometimes there IS “one right way” to do something.
- Did you know that there are 1.44 *BILLION* (that’s billion with a B people) on Facebook?
- Did you know that on averagem Smartphone users check Facebook about times per day?
- Did you know there’s an incredibly EASY way for you to have your friends find your business page?
First, you need to have a Facebook business page. Once you have that, you can go into your personal Facebook profile and edit it so that your business page can be easily accessed from your personal page.
After that, all your “real-life” friends can actually FIND your Facebook business page.
SOCIAL TIP: One consultant I know didn’t do this UNTIL after she had a strong Facebook publishing plan and a month’s worth of posts. Then she invited not only her clients and prospects to “like” her page, she also invited her family and friends to “like” her page. Now, in addition to getting referrals from her business associates, she also gets referrals from her college classmates, neighbors, and former coworkers.
- 9 Tips for Integrating your Facebook Page with your Facebook Profile. Andrea Vahl (socialmediaexaminer.com)