Home » 2019
Yearly Archives: 2019
4 Simple Steps to LinkedIn Success
(Actually — 16)
Take these steps every day to stay top of mind with your colleagues.
- Review your notifications. Did anyone comment on your posts? Does someone have a birthday coming up that you’d like to acknowledge? Does a connection have a new job you want to congratulate them on?
- Check timeline
- comment on posts or articles
- Share an update
- Check your messaging
- Check invitations (connection requests)
Take these steps each week to showcase your expertise and solidify your brand.
- Post (an article, an update, an interactive question)
- Visit your groups
- Reach out to a current or former client, colleague, customer, or classmate
- Promote a product, service, or event
Take these steps each month to deepen your connections.
- Save your connections to a spreadsheet
- Write one recommendation and request one recommendation
- Plan next month’s articles
- Review your new acquaintances and decide if there are new people to connect with (remember to send a message with a connection request)
Take these steps at least once per year to make sure your overall profile is up-to-date.
- Review your profile
- Your photo
- Your headline
- Your summary
(do these items still reflect what you’d like to profile on LinkedIn)
- Review connections (do you need to add some or remove some)
- Review groups
- Review the media in your summary